Resist is Hiring: Part-Time Data Entry Support Staff
Resist needs help with our data entry process!
We’re looking to hire someone part-time who can take on data entry to help support us as we continue moving resources to grassroots groups. We are reaching out to you first, our local New England grantees, because we ideally would like the person to be values aligned and be able to work out of our office in Jamaica Plain, MA from time to time. Sound like you, or someone you know? Please read below and share the opportunity with your community.
Position Role and Description
This role will require some in-person work and database logging of information that people provide us with when they donate to us. This person will meet weekly with the Resist Co-Director of Radical Philanthropy to provide updates on progress and collaborate on any concerns that may arise. This person would also need to work out of our office space (located in Jamaica Plain, MA) to receive batches of donations from our financial team once a week.
The desired qualifications for this position are:
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy
- Comfort working independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to maintain organized records, including tracking questions on Airtable
- Experience working with database management sites like Network for Good, or an ability to learn using multiple database software
- Proficient typing skills
- An interest and investment in social justice movements
- Excitement about regularly giving and receiving feedback
- Experience working under deadlines and proactively communicating with others when any barriers to meeting those deadlines arise
We strongly encourage people from the communities we work with to apply, especially: Resist grantees, people of color; people with disabilities; lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, and Two-Spirit people; immigrants; women and feminine-identified people; and genderqueer, trans, and gender non-conforming people.
Hourly Rate and Hours
This position pays $30 per hour. Hours per week range on the batches of donations that we receive. We anticipate an average of 10 hours a week of support needed, but during the holiday season (late December through January) that can increase upward to 30 or even 40 hours a week.
We will accept applications on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Send resume and cover letter to Jasmine Gomez at firstname.lastname@example.org.